¡CHANGE OF MODEL NOW!
IN DEFENSE OF SOCIAL COMMONS
PROTEST for SUNDAY 13th NOVEMBER – 12’00
¿What is going on?
- That bankers and corporations who have proviked the crisis pretend that we pay for it, making business out of our essential needs.
- That those speculators that nobody has elected, rule over governments and corrupt politicians, who work at their service.
- That we are being deprived or the social rights that we have won over 150 years of struggles.
- That political corruption and land speculation are depriving us of the fundamental right to housing.
- That they are destroying our environment and resources, but we have only got one Earth.
- That they also impose upon us their values: the race for saving oneself confronts us between one another and benefits only the minority who becomes richer at pour cost.
¿What do we demand?
- That they don’t rob us the public welfare and the commons: general interest must be above that of those very few.
- That basic needs (health, welfare, water, housing, food…) be NOT a business of speculators. That people’s sovereignity be abovethe dictatorship of bankers and large business directors.
- That democracy allows citizens to intervene directly in public affairs and really control the management of politics and the fulfillment of the law by large businesses.
- A social and cooperative economy, far away from land specualtion, finantial or any other form of speculation, and from the seerch for benefit, and a public Bank.
- Change to an egalitarian sociaty based upon the respect to people and their environment, in work as generator of wealth for all and of personal fulfillment, that seeks to develop the satisfaction of all fundamental needs, rights and freedoms.
- The complete lack of violence amongst persons must be a premise of the new order of national and internationl relations. We condemn any war conflict or any violent action of the military forces against people.
- Respect to the environment, to guarantee present and future life, that it be respected as source of health and wellbeing: Life is not a business.
- A pluralistic culture and a free society, in the respect of all sexualities, genders, cutures, backgrounds, abilities, ages, or any other condition.
WE ARE 99%: TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE IT: JOIN US NOW!
This text has been agreed upon by the Economy, Short Term Politics, Transversal and Housing Groups of Acampada Sol in Madrid (Occupy Madrid – 15M movement)
Send your comments and support to: firstname.lastname@example.org http://madrid.tomalaplaza.net/author/grupotransversal/